You are not alone. We are here for you.
The Tennessee Stories Project aims to provide a supportive and affirming space for people who have had abortions where they can find a community and resources through storytelling. We want to let people who have had abortions know that their choices are valid and they have a whole community that cares about them. TSP also aims to share with the public what different people feel after their abortions and how abortion affected their life. We aim to one day be a resource on what abortion stigma looks like specifically in Tennessee and what we can do to eradicate abortion stigma. On this page you will find information on who you can talk to about your abortion, no matter what those feelings are, as well as miscellaneous information that you may be curious about after reading through our site.
- Connect & Breathe is a safe space to talk about abortion experiences by offering a talkline staffed by people trained to listen and provide unbiased support and encouragement of self-care.
Open Tue-Thurs 6pm-9pm EST & Sat 10am-2pm EST
- All-Options is a talkline that promotes unconditional and judgment-free support for people in all their decisions, feelings and experiences with pregnancy, parenting, adoption and abortion, both pre and post your decision.
Open Mon-Fri 10-1am EST & Sat-Sun 10-6 EST
- Knoxville Abortion Doula Collective is a support line for people to call if they:
- Need to talk through their decision making process, concerns, or questions
- Need assistance finding funding, childcare, lodging, or transportation for their abortion in East Tennessee
- Just want to talk to someone openly and without judgment about their abortion
- Want advice on how to support a loved one before or after an abortion
- Want hands-on emotional support (like having a chat over a cup of coffee, or a trusted support person to accompany them to a clinic) before, during, and after an abortion appointment in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Their phone number is 865-320-9085 and if you leave a voicemail with your first name and why you’re calling you will receive a call back within a day.
The Tennessee Stories Project is sponsored by Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi. If you have a story to tell, see our Contact page.